Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Leaving the Nest

Life is full of goodbyes. Sending off a son to war, or off into mission service, saying goodbye at death and just for someone leaving town. On the mission it has always been hard for me personal to say goodbye to a place in which I have worked so hard and love. I cannot help but think of how hard it was to say goodbye as we left the presence of our Father in Heaven. I wonder what he said, what were his last words of advice before we came to earth? Our purpose in life is to prepare to meet him again (Alma 34:32). We are birds who have left the nest to prove we will be obedient to the Father. I love the hymn O My Father, it truly speaks to the soul as to where we came from. I am so grateful to know that I once lived in the presence of my Father in Heaven. I am also grateful to know why we are here and where we are going, thanks to the Plan of Salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment