Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm Glad I'm Not a Tie

A neck tie is a very precious part of a missionaries life. It is one of the only ways in which Mormon missionaries can show their personality. Some missionaries trade while others just collect. Some are skinny while others look like my Grandmother's sofa. Personally I've ruined about every tie I own with spills and accidents; I'm kind of notorious for it. But I'd never tell my mom or she'd stop sending them. The other day I spilled butter down one of my favorite silk ties. Yes, it was a bit depressing but I got over it because it's just a tie. After thumbing over the experience I was reminded how I too am stained. I to am covered in sin, however I'm grateful my stains can be washed clean through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, unlike my tie. I love the verse in Isaiah that reads, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."Isaiah 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment