Friday, October 15, 2010

Why the Book of Mormon?


Why do we have the book of Mormon? We have the Bible, is that not good enough? These are just a few of the questions that I get asked daily when introducing the Book of Mormon to others. These are legitimate questions and can all be answered with this amazing book of scripture. So does God have more scripture than the Bible? In 2Nephi 29:7 it answers these important questions. It reads, Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?” Then in verse 9 God answers our question, “And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.”
                God loves all his children no bias to time or location. I know the book was specifically written for me and also you. Through the Book of Mormon we can truly find the fullness of the everlasting gospel and know that it has been restored upon the earth. One thing that stands out to me is how the Book of Mormon answers our questions. You give me any question and I promise you I can answer it with this book. I dare you! I know the Book of Mormon to be true through the witness of the Holy Ghost; for there is no greater witness. And you too can know this same truth by getting on your knees and asking God.

No comments:

Post a Comment