Friday, October 22, 2010

GPS

The roads in New England and especially Providence are a mess. Sometimes I wonder if the founder throw some spaghetti on a map a declared that's where our streets shall be. Because of the confusing roads many people seem to use the GPS; but personal for my own reasons I'm a map kind of guy.Anyway while on my mission I was told a great analogy with a GPS and the gospel that has stuck with me. When you plug in the location of where you are heading on the GPS it creates an arrow leading you on the path to get to your destination or home. But if you stray from this arrow the kind voice on the GPS will then say "recalculating route." The GPS then quick tries to figure out the shortest way to get you back on the path. It is much the same with our Savior Jesus Christ; when we have strayed from that strait and narrow path he always is there to help us find the pathway home. In Doctrine and Covenants 78:18 it reads, "And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along." So no matter how far we have ventured off the path Christ will always recalculate our route to get home to our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment